Tuesday 5 September 2017

DAY 101 - SCHENECTADY YACHT CLUB TO ILION MARINA, ILION (71.8 Mi.)

DAY 101 - SCHENECTADY YACHT CLUB TO ILION MARINA, ILION (71.8 Mi.)


Sunday, August 13, 2017 ~ It is another great day for travelling as we left the dock at 6:30 am for the next lock.  The locks are open from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm so there was no reason to leave too early.  The going is mostly slow with a maximum speed of 10 mph or No Wake.  We had an incident in Lock 13.  One if the large fender holders broke, so I cleated the line I was holding to fix it as the boat was rising.  When I got back to the line I could not release it and YELLED for Frans “Knife - We need a knife”.  He raced down and cut the line.  We could hear the strain on the boat as it continued to rise.  We felt the boat drop about 6 inches.  My heart was in my throat.  It could have been so bad.  Of course i never did that again.  We did Locks 8 thru 18 today and docked at Ilion Marina at 3:15 pm.  It was a marina and trailer park with very nice grounds.  
Rexford Bridge, Schenectady.


Waiting at Erie Canal Lock 18 for eastbound
traffic to lock thru.


Typical Erie Canal scenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment